Sunday, December 04, 2005

The heritage of Kwanzaa

Way to go with the article covering Kwanzaa and the candle-lighting ceremony last Saturday. I think that it is so very important for people to get a glimpse of all of the different religions and for people to support everyone else's celebrations. Having an open mind to all of these different beliefs is a great thing to have. I know that I appreciate other people, and I hope that I can learn to appreciate everyone's beliefs even though they are different from my own. I think that doing this is the first step toward peace, a general understanding and acceptance of other people and what they believe in. I didn't know anything about the celebration before I read this article. Granted, I don't know a lot about it now, but I have a better understanding than I did before. Reporter Parks, however, need to make sure that all of his spelling has been corrected before he puts an article out there...Either that or I need to know that Douglas is really spelled Douglass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home