Thursday, December 08, 2005

HO,HO,HO,and Snow, Snow, Snow

Now this is what I got from the lede of this so called article:

"Dennie Pendergrass, chief of operations for the Columbia Public Works Department, said crews have been working hard since late last night to clear city streets. Nearly all of the 17 plow and salt trucks have been out since 1 a.m., he said."

Is it absolutely necessary to add the second 'he said' in there? Can't the reader just assume that student reporter Colin Reed did not know that the city of Columbia had 17 snow plows and salt trucks? Ok, and does 17 seem like not enough trucks to blade the entire city? Columbia is not huge by any means but 17? I would think that there would be more than that. Or at least I did when I woke up this morning and there was still 4 inches in my driveway along with 4 inches on the streets of my complex. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a way that you can just attach the blade to a truck? So wouldn't like city truck drivers be able to help out? Did I dream that up, I might have. It seems kinda crazy now that I think about it. I know I wouldn't want to get out of bed to go shovel snow, unless I had a Ford or something. Then I'd go out just to drive around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home